Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Tobacco Basket!

Ok I know I've been MIA but FINALLY I have something I'm excited to blog about! I've been enamored with these lovelies called Tobacco Baskets I saw in a design on HGTV. I had no idea what the thing was other than the fact that it was gorgeous hung above a fireplace on a show, I believe it was an episode of Property Brothers. So I get to googling and find out that they are called Tobacco Baskets and they are pretty dang expensive. Everywhere I found them had pretty hefty price tags. So I resigned to the fact that it would be one of those things I would look for and hopefully, one day, in my dreams, find one at a price I could afford. So I see one on eBay listed for $189 or best offer. AND the guy was located nearby. So through (illegal ebay messages) a few chats later I was meeting him at his shop in town. He was late and I actually didn't like the ones he had but another booth had one. FOR $30. Can you feel my enthusiasm? Seriously it was like I'd won the lottery. Here's my beauty of a find:


I feel like a true Carolina girl now!! You can read more about them here:

http://www.carolinacountry.com/index.php/carolina-stories/carolina-life/item/tobacco-baskets

No comments:

Post a Comment