Monday, November 9, 2009

Food Aggression :(

Well Mr. Bo had his first bone. And he growled and bit me when I went to take it away. I probably should have approached slower- he has shown ZERO food aggression so I thought nothing of it. We play with his food and take it from him every time he eats, with no problems. I read online about how to handle it and successfully took it away from him about 10 times. We will have to work on it daily because that's a big problem. I started off by letting him chew it in my hand. Then I "chewed" it with him watching me. I put it down, and took it away before he could grab it. Then I gave it to him for a bit and took it away. Some times I had to pry it from him holding the scruff of his neck, but for the most part I was able to take it right from him. He growled once or twice, but no biting. I'll have to give his progress report after we've worked on it for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment