Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving bloopers


I don't have any more photos other than this one, but I do have some funny stories :) First off, Mr. L had to have his grandma's potato rolls, which apparently were the test as to whether I've officially become a Lucas. I passed with flying colors! But he was concerned because I didn't start until the day of, and it took me until 3:00. I got up at 7 am. Crazy...
So the big blunder of the day was when I sat an empty pyrex baking dish on a burner. A burner that just so happened to still be really hot. So after a small explosion, we had tiny shards of glass all over the kitchen. So that was crazy enough, but then when we were in the last 15 minutes, Greg took a taste of the mashed potatoes and found 3 pieces of glass. We think the spoon we were using to stir them got some glass on it. But we went ahead and ate them-- nobody found any more...
We only had to make 2 grocery store runs. I had to get cream for the rolls (thought I had some but didn't), and we had to send Mr. H out for more baking pans because I couldn't find the ones we'd bought to bake the stuffing in.
So all in all, it was a great day! We didn't end up having dessert because we went over to a friends' house and played cranium. So fun... I dominated of course. We baked the pies after we got back from the slopes yesterday. They were still tasty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment