Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Home Improvements this summer

SO what's a girl to do all summer with no husband? Renovate of course! I did all of it myself except the plumbing and the tile work. Other projects not on here were fixing up a yucky bench out back to bring some schnazz to the front patio, hanging up real curtain rods with the anchors and all (totally worth it), lots of paint touch ups and cleaning, and a failed attempt with the pressure washer. Not all that tragic, but it just wouldn't run properly. And don't forget the hours of mowing and weeding. I have one proud husband, that's for sure!

New tile! This is our master bathroom that used to be a nasty ratty CARPET! Crazy. I love the new tile. Just waiting on the last few finishing touches before it's done.
Hung shutters! Only one window had them and they were an ugly burgandy color. So with the help of a friend and a rope around my waist, I have fancy new black shutters. Totally scary but I rocked the power drill!
Of course with new shutters, you have to have a black door. After trial and error on Mrs. R's door, we found the best paint. (Don't every buy Rusoleum brand "door" paint. It's horrible.) I think it looks pretty snazzy :)
New faucets. These are in the master, and they replaced the oh so fun crystal globe builder grade faucets that were all over my house. Now we have sleek brushed nickel in every bathroom. These are just a bit fancier than the other bathrooms.
Aaah. Brushed nickel. So much better than brass! We had the yucky gold all over the place and I couldn't stand it anymore. So me and my power drill got down to business! Well, Mr. L's power drill that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment